Archive for the ‘job opportunity’ Tag
On Location Reporter/Interactive Producer x 2
Do you have a talent for telling people’s stories? Can you get the best out of an interview? Can you get it online in a clip of under three minutes? And then get as many eyeballs on it as possible?
We are looking for 2 reporters/online writers to act as our ‘eyes on the ground’ for a new, ambitious program on Channel 4, tracking the lives of a number of engaging members of the public for 8 or more weekly episodes. The programme, Notting Hill (w/t), will be screened the week it is filmed so characters will be seen discussing the main issues and events of the week. The reporter will be required to shadow/be embedded with the crew for Notting Hill and expand upon the stories that are developing throughout the series to engage the online audience for the show using Twitter updates, a regular blog, photos, flip cam video, etc. – all of which will be uploaded to the central hub on channel4.com for publishing on the site. Reporters will be required to attend daily morning production meetings, liaise very closely with the TV editorial team and will be required to be available throughout the duration of the production schedule for the series, covering a wide range of hours between the team of three (2 reporters and a Channel 4 online producer).
A distinct tone and style is required for both of these roles, and they need to complement one another. The ideal candidates will have these attributes:
- each needs to have a distinct voice on-line and they need to complement one another well
- they must tread that fine line between being energetic and trying too hard – remaining on the right side of that line is a great art and not a common ability
- they need sound editorial judgment and to understand what makes C4 C4 – so they need to have the C4 edge yet know how far they can go
- they need to be super-fluent in social media – how to use it successfully both editorially and technically
- they need a good sense of where a tantalising titbit of content may lie – to be sharp, quick thinking and flexible
- they need to understand the demands of making TV, especially in these pressurised circumstances, so they cannot get in the way of the TV team whilst still staying fully plugged in with them editorially
- they need a good sense of tone and how to move from the fun to the serious without jarring
- they need to have experience in live, real-time reporting
- they need to be able to think on their feet and react to situations as they happen to capture relevant and interesting content
- an active interest in TV, especially reality and entertainment programming, is desirable
- experience of shooting and editing video is preferable
How to apply:
- Please tell us in up to 140 characters why you’re the must-have person for this job
- Send a URL of a social media account/presence you run which you feel is successful
- Send a URL of a longer bit of content which captures your style well (e.g. a blog post, not a massive essay)
- Send a link to a video of up to 2 minutes which captures how well you can interview someone (anyone interesting) – doesn’t have to be anything fancy, a talking head will do provided it captures the interest
- Finish off with up to 300 words only on your relevant experience and skills, and why you’re The Right One
Channel 4 has commissioned a cross-platform religion and ethics project, 4thought.tv, based around a series of short films, in which a single speaker will reflect on religious and ethical issues or aspects of their spiritual lives.
The films will air after Channel 4 News every day, 7 nights a week, 365 days a year. The strand will also have a strong online presence on the forthcoming 4thought.tv website, overseen by Cross Platform Commissioning Editor Adam Gee. Every film will be made available to view on this site (and on 4OD), as well as providing a rich mix of extra video content.
The project requires a person who combines the roles of Web Producer, Production Co-ordinator and liaison person, interfacing between the TV indie (Waddell Media) and the two digital agencies involved – Johnston North and Atto, all based in Northern Ireland. The job is based in Holywood, County Down for an initial period of a year.
For information on how to apply visit www.northernirelandscreen.co.uk